2017 AFP Kentucky Statewide Conference
The AFP Bluegrass Chapter in conjunction with the AFP Greater Louisville Chapter is proud to host the 2017 Annual Statewide Conference Friday, June 16 with workshops, education and general sessions, and events, kicking off Thursday evening with a welcome reception from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Food Chain/West Sixth Brewery in downtown Lexington. The conference sessions will be held in the Lexington Civic Center.
Peggy Noe Stevens in both career and personal life has devoted herself to over twenty years of hospitality, entertaining and the exploration of experiential marketing. She began her career in hospitality and marketing with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, engaging in all aspects of guest services, professional event planning and the highest standards of culinary arts and entertaining. Peggy then moved to the Brown-Forman Corporation to lead a newly developed travel and event planning department. As global event planner, she managed over 100 events annually, negotiated multi-million dollar travel contracts and enhanced all aspects of travel, customer service, entertaining protocol and hospitality for executives.
Janine Lee is a veteran strategist and grant maker in philanthropy, with more than 25 years of rich and diverse leadership with nonprofits and foundations. Janine is currently the President and CEO of the Southeastern Council of Foundations (SECF), the nation's largest regional associations of grant makers, serving more than 330 foundations and corporate giving programs - representing more than $50 billion in assets. SECF works in partnership with members in 11 Southeastern states to serve, strengthen, promote and champion the South's philanthropic voice and infrastructure through engaging programming, leadership development, public policy engagement, access to unique resources and invaluable connections. By encouraging insightful philanthropic collaboration, SECF creates opportunities to increase the region's grantmaking impact and empower transformational community change.
- Supercharge your professional development
- Get inspired by keynote presentations
- Reconnect with colleagues
- Expand your network of fundraisers
Session Topics Include:
Check out all of our informative session topics and outstanding presenters below!
- The Art and Science of Retaining Digital Donors: Mr. Steven Shattuck, Bloomerang
- Make the Crowd Proud: Ms. Janine Lee, Southeastern Council of Foundations & Ms. Lisa Adkins, Blue Grass Community Foundation
- How to Hire & Keep a Good DBA (Database Administrator): Ms. Judith Youngblood, WIST Data Solutions
- Social Media's Emerging trends in Philanthropy": Mr. Marcus Whitt, University of Kentucky Office of Philanthropy
- Stay out of Jail in 25 Easy Steps: Ben Mohler with Eastern Kentucky University
- Campaigns: Pains, Myths and Movies: Ms. Mimi Ward & Ms. Tammy Moloy, Ashley Rountree and Associates
- The Dark Side of Special Event Fundraising: Keeping in Compliance with IRS Rules: Ms. Anne E. Monell, CFRE, Children's Hospital Foundation & Norton Healthcare Foundation
- Major Gifts Fundraising as an Agent of Change: Mr. Timothy R. Burcham, CFRE, President, Burcham Solutions Group
- Let Data Lead the Way to a Rock-Solid Campaign: Ms. Linda Garrison, CFRE, Wealth Engine
- The P4's of Personal Branding: Protocol, Professional, People, Personal: Ms. Peggy Noe Stevens, Peggy Noe Stevens & Associates
- Yes You Can: What You Need to Know to Advance and Protect the Sector: Ms. Marian Guinn, Kentucky Nonprofit Network & Mr. Timothy R. Burcham, CFRE, President, Burcham Solutions Group
- Planned Giving: Mr. Tom Barker, University of Kentucky Office of Philanthropy
- Registration: 8-8:30 a.m. EST
- Conference begins: 8:30 a.m.
- Breakout Sessions: 9:45 -12:00
- Lunch: 12:00-1:30
- Breakout Sessions: 1:45 -3:00
- Conference Concludes: 4:30
Where and How Much?
The 2017 Association of Fundraising Professionals Kentucky Statewide Conference is being held at the Lexington Center in Downtown Lexington.
Walk Up Cost: $175.00